Motability Scheme In Northern Ireland
Mobility Scooters & Powerchairs Motability Northern Ireland
The Motability Scheme can provide eligible people with a small, medium or large scooter, or a powered wheelchair. The Motability three-year lease includes extra peace of mind with worry-free servicing, repairs and insurance. We are accredited on the scheme in Northern Ireland only
Benefits to you
If you are interested in a scooter or powered wheelchair, all this is included in your lease: With Motability you get a brand new scooter or powered wheelchair every three years. There is a massive range to choose from, most of which cost less than your allowance.We provide servicing, maintenance and repairs throughout your lease and our team are specially trained for the Motability scheme. You are covered in case of an accident, damage or theft of the product , with no excess to pay. The insurance also covers you against any damage caused by your scooter or powered wheelchair to other products, property or people. Your scooter will come with a battery as standard so all you have to do is remember to keep it charged. We will show you how to do this properly ensuring your battery lasts as long as possible and, if anything goes wrong with the battery through normal every day use, it will be replaced, free of charge.
The majority of scooters and many powered wheelchairs come as standard from the manufacturer (except in cases of custom-built powered wheelchairs). If you need additional adaptations, speak to your dealer to discuss prices and details. All our scooters come with a weatherproof cover as standard, so your scooter stays dry – whatever the weather.
There are some things that are not included:
• Optional extras on the product that are not fitted as standard
• More than three claims for lost or stolen keys
• Any fines you may incur
• Insurance cover for theft or damage to personal belongings such as coats, bags, mobile phones and money.
Remember, you can choose to spend your higher rate mobility allowance in whatever way you wish. If you only travel short distances, you might want to consider leasing a Motability scooter instead of a car.
• Your height and weight
• How far you think you’re likely to travel on a regular basis?
• Do you have hill slocally that you need to navigate?
• Do you plan to use your Motability scooter or powered wheelchair at home or out and about in your local area?
• Are you likely to carry shopping or other items on your mobility scooter?
• Will you want to fit your scooter or powerchair in your car boot?
• How much space is there at your home to store your scooter or powered wheelchair?
Contacting Motability directly
Supplying you with the right equipment is only the start – we will then be on hand to help and support you as needed throughout the duration of your agreement. We have in house engineering resources and operate a fleet of vans in addition to being conveniently located beside the Sprucefield / A1 / M1 junction.