RGK Elite Basketball Wheelchair - New updated model
We are the official distributor for the RGK brand in Northern Ireland.
The New RGK Elite is a completely bespoke high performance basketball wheelchair tailored to your unique requirements, maximising your performance on the court.
Our RGK specialist Stafford Lynn has many years’ experience working with and using RGK wheelchairs.
Why not get in touch with us today to arrange a demonstration and test drive?
Why buy from us?
- - A trusted family business since 1846
- - We are lSO9001 accredited
- - We are members of the BHTA
- - We are an NHS and HSE supplier
The RGK Elite basketball wheelchair is the paralympian’s chair of choice. Countdown clock is on and your team is down by one, time is ticking. Coach gives you the play. You nailed it in practise all week, time to put it into action. Train hard, win easy. The 7020 aluminium frame with 45mm straight camber tube provides the most rigid and responsive drive to maximise your performance. Individual measurements and specifications ensure a perfect match to your playing style Pressure shot. No issue.
Evolved over 3 decades of innovation and testing, the Elite is the most advanced basketball wheelchair yet.
The lightweight yet reliable frame is designed entirely around your individual measurements for the ultimate responsive connection.
The Elite pushes the limits in performance and ergonomic positioning so you can be at your best, game …after game …after game.
Elite Technical Specifications
- RGKi made to measure
- 7020 aluminium frame
- 45mm diameter straight camber bar
- Product weight from 9.2kg (40cmx40cm seat c/w standard wheels)
- Fixed aluminium footrest with foot strap (adjustable upgrade option available)
- 61mm sport castor wheel with micro sport castor forks
- Choice of offensive wing designs
- Individual sitting positions to suit all classifications and playing styles
- Zero tolerance castor housing bearing alignment
- Choice of fixed or adjustable centre of gravity
- Choice of fixed or removable anti tip, single or double
- Adjustable backrest upholstery with tension straps
- Wide range of strapping options
- Compatible with prosthetic fixings
- Choice of frame and componentry colour options, including polished and brushed
- Optimised biomechanics for maximum power and efficiency
- Seating position to suit your sport and individual needs
- Perfect toe in toe out for minimum drag
- Bones Reds high precision castor bearings as standard to maximise energy
- Low friction castor wheel with less dirt pick up
- Kenda Kaliente tyres as standard for ultimate court performance
- Tried and tested rigid chassis design since 2011, over 1600 manufactured
- Reinforced "impact areas" to prevent game and travel damage, such as backrest and anti tip
- Heavy duty frame design available
- Range of ergonomic backrest options to support your requirements for maximum comfort and balance
- Ergonomic seat for pelvic positioning and optimum balance
- Taper seat, V-front or asymmetrical frame design for super responsiveness
Airtech Sport Technology
- Breathable material to keep you cool
- Adjustable tension straps for better support and positioning
- Lightweight and tough for longevity with kevlar reinforced wings
- Range of Ratchet and Velcro strapping to connect you securely to the frame
- Calf strap and toe strap supplied as standard
- Waist strap available for additional support
- Fixed or adjustable axle position
- Fixed or adjustable footrest position
- Single or double anti-tip
- Fixed or removable anti-tip
- Fixed or height adjustable backrest
- Fixed or removable sideguards
- Range of front wing designs
- Choose from polished, brushed, raw or painted
- Choose an accent colour to suit your style
- Add your team logo on the backrest
Delivery, Installation & Enhanced Warranty Support Options
Standard Delivery only service.
We offer free courier delivery service on all orders over £100.00 ex VAT in the UK and Ireland excluding Islands and Scottish Highlands
Deliveries to the Highlands and Islands are available but will require a separate quotation supplied by John Preston Healthcare Group.
These items will be delivered direct to you via a courier or groupage service. Larger items of equipment may be delivered on a pallet, you will then need to remove the item from its packaging and carry out any assembly of the item. We, of course can always be contacted for assistance on the phone to help you with this.
Please note this is a normally a roadside delivery service. Larger items will be delivered in a box on a pallet and the driver only delivers to the roadside, therefore you will need to be able to unpack the box or move it to your home. And you may require two people depending on the item you have bought.
Orders under £100.00 are subject to a local area delivery charge as follows:
Mainland England, Scotland and Wales £10.20 inc VAT
Northern Ireland £4.00 Inc VAT
Republic of Ireland £5.60 inc VAT
Postage to Europe, by Courier, Express delivery to Europe by road:
Zone 1 - Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands - £22.50
Zone 2 - Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland - £25.00
Zone 3 - Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia - £27.50
Zone 4 - Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Spain, Sweden - £35.00
Please note : Delivery costs apply to products which are 1Kg - 5Kg. Those products which weigh more will be subject to a carriage quotation, which will be discussed with the customer and requirement payment before dispatch.
Please note this is a Roadside delivery service. The Item will be delivered in a box on a pallet and the driver only delivers to the roadside, therefore you will need to be able to unpack the box or move it to your home. And you may require 2 people depending on the item you have bought.
Enhanced Delivery and Installation Service – £114.00 inc. VAT
This enhanced delivery option is fulfilled by our logistics partners Healthcare Distribution Direct, specialists in the white glove delivery and installation of healthcare equipment.
Please note that this option will take longer than the standard delivery service due to availability of engineers in your area. Approximate expected delivery time for enhanced delivery will be around two weeks from the date of order but can be longer on occasion. It may also be delivered quicker if circumstances allow.
Should you proceed with this option, one of our team will contact you to advise delivery date.
Enhanced Delivery & Installation includes;
- Delivery of your order into your home by competent personnel
- Unpacking and assembly of your order
- Adjustment of the equipment to your needs
- A full demonstration on the safe use of your item
- Removal of all packaging
This is ideal for those customers who require assistance with unpacking and assembling an item and for whom the standard kerbside delivery is not an option.
We recommend this option for customers purchasing Mobility scooters particularly larger ones, Electric wheelchairs, electric profiling beds, electric riser recliner chairs, hoists and bath lifts.
This service is available throughout the UK and Ireland excluding the Scottish Highlands and all Islands.
The enhanced delivery option is not eligible for refund once the service has been fulfilled.
If you have any questions about this service just call our helpful team on 028 92 67 70 77 and we will be delighted to help answer any questions that you have.
Enhanced Warranty Package: £125.00 including VAT
Considering buying an electric wheelchair, mobility scooter, electric rise and recline chair, bath lift, hoist or electric profiling beds?
As manufacturers’ warranties do not in general include callouts and labour, we highly recommend our “12 Months Enhanced Warranty Support " which covers the cost of call outs and labour to diagnose faults and fit warranty parts for up to 3 call outs in year one.
Should your product develop a fault we will always try to diagnose the problem by telephone to provide the quickest solution.
If you opt in to the enhanced warranty support we will appoint a competent person to call out and fit parts under warranty and there would be no charge incurred for the call out and labour.
If you don’t opt in to this service, we can either despatch the parts via courier for you to appoint your own fitter or we would offer to arrange a chargeable call out for an engineer to visit.
This enhanced warranty option doesn’t cover the cost of call outs and labour to repair or fit parts not covered under warranty due to damage or customer misuse. In the event of non warranty parts requirements labour and call outs are chargeable at the standard rate.
Installation and Plumbing
Some of our products will require installation by a qualified person such as a plumber, electrician or engineer. This includes the installation of Stairlifts, overhead track hoists, Biobidet toilet washers, level access shower trays and our range of bath tubs. Please contact us if you require this service as this is not included in any of the above options.