Freedom Folding Electric Wheelchair - 19" seat width, 160kg user capacity and larger wheels
The Freedom Chair is an excellent folding electric wheelchair also known as a folding powerchair.
This model folds in literally a few seconds and makes this much easier to fold than other folding electric wheelchairs on the market.
It can then be placed into your car or stored as required! It can also be brought on an aeroplane as a single battery is under 300 watts.
It is controlled easily using a joystick and the joystick can be mounted on the back of the seat so it can be controlled by a carer or attendant.
This model has seat dimensions of 19" x 17" and a larger maximum user weight of 165kg (350lbs)
It also has 12" drive wheels so larger than the other models in the range.
Why buy from us?
- - We are lSO9001 accredited
- - We are members ofthe BHTA
- - We are an NHS and HSE supplier
- - A family business since 1846
The Freedom Chair is a folding electric wheelchair that folds in literally a few seconds. It enjoys excellent build quality and uses standard batteries across the range.
Have a look at the video below to see how easy this is!
- Folds in a couple of seconds
- Adjustable backrest height
- 12" rear wheels & 8" front wheels
- 2 x 300W brushless motors with electromagnetic braking
- Climbing gradient of 14 degrees
- 4 suspension springs
- Can triple the range to up to 27 miles with 3 batteries.
- Quick-release anti-tip wheels for reassuring stability.
- Flip up footrest
- Headrest available as an accessory
- Optional trailer plate accessory
- Gross weight: 23.5kg
- Maximum weight capacity: 350lbs/160kg
- Seat dimensions: 19” x 17.5”/49cm x 44cm
- Maximum speed: Up to 4mph as per UK law
- Length: Open: 40”/102cm - Folded: 25.2”/64cm
- Width: Open: 24.4”/62cm - Folded: 29”/74cm
- Height: Open: 35.4”/90cm - Folded: 13”/33cm
- Driving Range:
- With 1 battery: up to 9 miles/15km
- With 2 batteries: up to 18 miles/30km
- With 3 batteries: up to 27 miles/45km
- Drive wheels: 12” Pneumatic
- Front wheels: 8” Solid
- Motors: 2 x 300W brushless motors with electromagnetic braking
- Battery capacity: 24V 10AH per battery
- Suspension: Spring absorber x 4
- Gradient: 14 degrees
The FreedomChair range use a common battery across all models. These sit under the seat but can be easily removed for airline travel etc.
On the FreedomChair, linked batteries charge and discharge together.
You can easily extend your range by adding additional batteries when ordering your Freedom chair online.
The battery certificate for this model is available by clicking the downloads tab above. This battery is under 300 watts which is approved for airline travel but we strongly advise you check with your airline before travel.
When using additional batteries - please check with your own airline how these can be transported.
Do you need the joystick on the left hand side?
This is no problem. Just let us know when ordering that you need this and we can easily arrange this.
Travel bag info:
Your Freedomchair includes a handy travel bag as standard free of charge:
Can the Freedom chair be free wheeled?
Yes, this is done very easily and useful for when you have no battery power or have the Freedom chair switched off.
This is no problem. Just include the optional accessory and your Freedom chair will arrive with the controls mounted at the rear so a carer can control speed and direction etc.
We have an expert team here on hand to help answer any questions that you may have. Call us today on 028 92 67 70 77.
" Hi David,
Just a note to say that the chair arrived today and I’m already charging the battery.
Thank you for all your help and patience on Thursday and for demonstrating and explaining everything so well.
Again, many thanks for your help. "
Get in touch with our expert team today to arrange your home assessment with the Freedom folding electric wheelchair. Call 028 92 677 077 and our helpful staff will be delighted to arrange a time convenient to you.