Careflex SmartSeat Medium
The Careflex SmartSeat is a revolutionary new specialist seating system designed for clients who require a combination of comfort, pressure management and specific support and positioning for posture control. This chair can be used in single or multi-user environments due to it's adjustability and range of complementary accessories. We offer a free no obligation trial service at home, in hospital and in care homes throughout Ireland and Scotland. Please contact us to book a demonstration or call in to one of our showrooms to take a look at the range.
Why buy from us?
- - We are lSO9001 accredited
- - We are members ofthe BHTA
- - We are an NHS and HSE supplier
- - A family business since 1846
What sets the SmartSeat apart from others in the industry?
- A stowable footplate is an integral part of the legrest which can be stowed away so that the occupant can easily raise to standing or rest their legs on the legrest in complete comfort
- Floating-tracking technology in the legrest is a unique system controlling the legrest angle and the extension which allows the legrest to track the movement of the lower legs as they pivot on the knee joint
- Using technology first developed by the automotive industry, the SmartSeat has a simple width adjustment which can be adjusted without the need for tools, swapping parts or the removal of trim or upholstery panels. The seat width adjustment does not affect the look and feel of the chair. Support remains consistent and gaps and openings don't appear with the width adjustment.
- The SmartSeat has three seat height settings to allow the chair to be configured to the user for raising to stand and a safe transfer.
- The main panels of the chair are made from EPP (Expanded Polypropene) which is a light but tough material which is moulded into shape. Material consumption is reduced and at the end of its serviceable life the EPP can be extracted and recycled. The use of J-Strips allow the covers to be removed easily and fitted with a guaranteed consistency of finish, the covers are fitted in the right place and with the correct tension each and everytime.
- Fully adjustable seat depth controlled by a high quality sliding mechanism which is so smooth it can be operated with one hand
- Adjustable Seat height is a critical feature which should be identified on assessment but can be adjusted on site by one of our Product Specialists
- A total of 110cm seat width adjustment is available as standard. It can be adjusted evenly or off set to cope with assymetric postures. This can be controlled completley on site making it fantastic for multi-user environments
- The unique legrest elevation lifts the legrest from 80 degrees to 170 degress and extends to support the lower leg to the heel throughout. Available in manual or motorised
- The back has three sections for support the lumbar area, mid back and upper back. THe lumbar section is curved and the middle section can be changed to either flat or contoured
- Manually or motorised Tilt-in-Space action from 8 degress to 30 degrees.
- Fully removable covers makes cleaning easier and addresses infection control issues
- Four fully braked castors as standard to stabilise the chair during transfer
Suitable Client Groups
- Clients who need to maintain a reasonable, midline pressure
- Clients with neurological conditions which make them sensitive to discomfort or affect muscle tone such as MS, MD and MND
- Clients with who seat height for transfer is crucial
- Clients with congenital conditions eg Cerebal Palsy
- Lower limb amputees
- Clients with early stage HD
- Stroke rehabilitation units
- Clients with learning difficults
- Where multi-user requirement is likely, for example on stroke wards
- Where infection control is an issue
- Environments such as specialist hospital wards, ITU, nursing and residential homes and for domestic use.
- Seat Cushion with CareFlex Watercell Technology
- Independently elavating channel legrest
- Integral stowarble angle adjustable footplate
- Adjustable seat depth, width and height
- Fully removable arms
- Fully remoable covers
- Flat back cushion
- Ergonomical push handle
- Four fully braked castors
- Vapour Permeable (VP) upholstery to back, seat and legrest
Basic chair with TiS and legrest elevation controlled by cable release gas action. For areas where there is a high level of nursing care where staff will be adjusting the position of the chair for the client.
24V DC battery operated system controlling TiS, BAR and legrest elevation. For situations where client is able to respond to changing body position by adjusting all elements of the chair.
Medium: 38- 50cm
Adjusted with pull strap at rear of arm releasing locking mechanism
Small: 45, 48, 51,
Medium: 49, 52, 55
Selected at assessment/order. Can be changed at a later date.
Small: 15 (average, seat length dependent)
Medium: 21(average, seat length dependent)
Popper release on arm mechanism allows for complete removal of arm, leaving a level surface for side transfer.
Accessories available on request : pommel, seat wedge, tray, seat cushion interliner, head rests, footplate pads, replacement backs and various types of harness.
Delivery, Installation & Enhanced Warranty Support Options
Standard Delivery only service.
We offer free courier delivery service on all orders over £100.00 ex VAT in the UK and Ireland excluding Islands and Scottish Highlands
Deliveries to the Highlands and Islands are available but will require a separate quotation supplied by John Preston Healthcare Group.
These items will be delivered direct to you via a courier or groupage service. Larger items of equipment may be delivered on a pallet, you will then need to remove the item from its packaging and carry out any assembly of the item. We, of course can always be contacted for assistance on the phone to help you with this.
Please note this is a normally a roadside delivery service. Larger items will be delivered in a box on a pallet and the driver only delivers to the roadside, therefore you will need to be able to unpack the box or move it to your home. And you may require two people depending on the item you have bought.
Orders under £100.00 are subject to a local area delivery charge as follows:
Mainland England, Scotland and Wales £10.20 inc VAT
Northern Ireland £4.00 Inc VAT
Republic of Ireland £5.60 inc VAT
Postage to Europe, by Courier, Express delivery to Europe by road:
Zone 1 - Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands - £22.50
Zone 2 - Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland - £25.00
Zone 3 - Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia - £27.50
Zone 4 - Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Spain, Sweden - £35.00
Please note : Delivery costs apply to products which are 1Kg - 5Kg. Those products which weigh more will be subject to a carriage quotation, which will be discussed with the customer and requirement payment before dispatch.
Please note this is a Roadside delivery service. The Item will be delivered in a box on a pallet and the driver only delivers to the roadside, therefore you will need to be able to unpack the box or move it to your home. And you may require 2 people depending on the item you have bought.
Enhanced Delivery and Installation Service – £114.00 inc. VAT
This enhanced delivery option is fulfilled by our logistics partners Healthcare Distribution Direct, specialists in the white glove delivery and installation of healthcare equipment.
Enhanced Delivery & Installation includes;
- Delivery of your order into your home by competent personnel
- Unpacking and assembly of your order
- Adjustment of the equipment to your needs
- A full demonstration on the safe use of your item
- Removal of all packaging
This is ideal for those customers who require assistance with unpacking and assembling an item and for whom the standard kerbside delivery is not an option.
We recommend this option for customers purchasing Mobility scooters particularly larger ones, Electric wheelchairs, electric profiling beds, electric riser recliner chairs, hoists and bath lifts.
This service is available throughout the UK and Ireland excluding the Scottish Highlands and all Islands.
The enhanced delivery option is not eligible for refund once the service has been fulfilled.
If you have any questions about this service just call our helpful team on 028 92 67 70 77 and we will be delighted to help answer any questions that you have.
Enhanced Warranty Package: £125.00 including VAT
Considering buying an electric wheelchair, mobility scooter, electric rise and recline chair, bath lift, hoist or electric profiling beds?
As manufacturers’ warranties do not in general include callouts and labour, we highly recommend our “12 Months Enhanced Warranty Support " which covers the cost of call outs and labour to diagnose faults and fit warranty parts for up to 3 call outs in year one.
Should your product develop a fault we will always try to diagnose the problem by telephone to provide the quickest solution.
If you opt in to the enhanced warranty support we will appoint a competent person to call out and fit parts under warranty and there would be no charge incurred for the call out and labour.
If you don’t opt in to this service, we can either despatch the parts via courier for you to appoint your own fitter or we would offer to arrange a chargeable call out for an engineer to visit.
This enhanced warranty option doesn’t cover the cost of call outs and labour to repair or fit parts not covered under warranty due to damage or customer misuse. In the event of non warranty parts requirements labour and call outs are chargeable at the standard rate.
Installation and Plumbing
Some of our products will require installation by a qualified person such as a plumber, electrician or engineer. This includes the installation of Stairlifts, overhead track hoists, Biobidet toilet washers, level access shower trays and our range of bath tubs. Please contact us if you require this service as this is not included in any of the above options.