Special Needs Trikes – Home Assessments in Scotland.
We supply the excellent range of Tomcat Trikes / Bikes for children & young adults with special needs.
These amazing special needs trikes are custom built to suit the individual rider and our dedicated Product Specialists offer free assessments throughout Scotland.
The assessment ensures that we understand the unique circumstances of each rider and allow us to advise suitability for each model.
You choose everything, the handle bars, the saddle, the amount of support, whether we would like carer control (so the carer can control the trike & brake the trike), the colour. Also the Tomcat trikes split in half to make transporting them very easy and can even be converted into a trailer trike.
Call us to discuss your requirements or arrange for one of our Product Specialist to visit you and your child at home or in school throughout Scotland. Get in touch with our expert team on 0131 440 3929 who will be delighted to help. Our showroom is just 30 minutes outside Edinburgh.
Book your assessment today and get the trike in time for summer!
Speak to our Product Specialist – Call 0131 440 3929
Tomcat special needs trikes / bikes
What makes Tomcat Special Needs Trikes different?
The unique features of Tomcat Special Needs Trikes set them apart from alternatives. These include;
- Two piece frame for ease of transport
- Carer Control™ allows Carer to steer or brake from behind user
- Tomcat developed this signature feature that is now industry standard worldwide. It is the Gold Standard against which all others are judged
- They can be converted to a Trailer-Trike™ easily (except the Tiger model)
- Hitch it to the back of a bike for a fun cycle ride!
- They are the lightest trikes on the market – just 14kg (without accessories)
- All Tomcat Trikes are custom built to suit the child or adult – including different gear ratios rather than off the shelf settings
- Option for a hoist accessible Special Needs Trike (The Tamara)
A little about the inventor – Bob Griffin
Tomcat Special Needs Trikes founder, Bob Griffin, has been a lifelong professional engineer, with many years experience in manufacturing, marine engineering and innovation.
Bob and Tom soon became best friends and Bob looked for ways to help Tom sleep through increasing his exercise. At that time, trikes were considered unsuitable for children like Tom on safety and ability grounds, however Bob invented an entirely new kind of trike called a “Tomcat” which overcame the difficulties that were holding children like Tom back.
Its main feature was “Carer Control” – a rear steering and braking innovation that put the carer in control of every aspect of the child’s safety.
It became Tomcat signature invention, and the industry standard for special needs trike manufacturers worldwide, however, Tomcats patented system remains the gold standard by which all others are judged.
In 2013, Tomcat won the Queens award for Innovation for the 30 plus innovations that Tomcat developed for the disabled community.
Call us today to arrange your Special Needs Trike assessment in Scotland on
Tel: 0131 440 3929
Visit our mobility showroom in Loanhead – only 30 mins from Edinburgh