Book your free assessment for special needs bikes and trikes throughout Scotland
Check out Jay enjoying riding his Tomcat Fizz special needs bike in Scotland.
This amazing special needs trike is suitable for children over 95cm tall through to adults, with mild to severe visual, learning and/or physical disabilities.
Why shouldn’t every child enjoy cycling?
Every Tomcat Special Needs Trike is custom-built solely for the rider and our fully trained Product Specialists will take the time with the irder, their family and their health professional to ensure the correct trike is chosen.
They will also liaise with you throughout the build process and hand over your trike at a convenient time. They can help advise previous funding avenues should this be required.
Call us today on 0131 440 3929 to arrange your free special needs trike assessment throughout Scotland
The Tomcat Fizz features;
- Carer Control™ so carer can steer and brake from behind
- Can convert to a Trailer-Trike™ easily
- Featuring an optional “latch on” bar
- Optional fixed, free-wheeling or Dual Drive (fixed and free)
- Quick-Release Frame
- Three control options (Fully independent, Carer Controlled or Carer Braking)
What makes Tomcat Special Needs Trikes different?
The unique features of Tomcat Special Needs Trikes set them apart from alternatives. These include;
- Two piece frame for ease of transport
- Carer Control™ allows Carer to steer or brake from behind user
- Tomcat developed this signature feature that is now industry standard worldwide. It is the Gold Standard against which all others are judged
- They can be converted to a Trailer-Trike™ easily (except the Tiger model)
- Hitch it to the back of a bike for a fun cycle ride!
- They are the lightest trikes on the market – just 14kg (without accessories)
- All Tomcat Trikes are custom built to suit the child or adult – including different gear ratios rather than off the shelf settings
- Option for a hoist accessible Special Needs Trike (The Tamara)
“The trike has made family walks at the weekend much more fun for Beatrice and she also like nothing better than riding it to collect her sister from school. It has improved her quality of life and enabled her to pedal alongside her peers. We are all very grateful!”
Beatrice, Rachel, James and Phoebe Hirons
We offer free home assessments or visit our showroom in Edinburgh
See the full range of Tomcat Special Needs Trikes available in Scotland
A little about the inventor – Bob Griffin
Tomcat Special Needs Trikes founder, Bob Griffin, has been a lifelong professional engineer, with many years experience in manufacturing, marine engineering and innovation.
Bob and Tom soon became best friends and Bob looked for ways to help Tom sleep through increasing his exercise. At that time, trikes were considered unsuitable for children like Tom on safety and ability grounds, however Bob invented an entirely new kind of trike called a “Tomcat” which overcame the difficulties that were holding children like Tom back.
Its main feature was “Carer Control” – a rear steering and braking innovation that put the carer in control of every aspect of the child’s safety.
It became Tomcat signature invention, and the industry standard for special needs trike manufacturers worldwide, however, Tomcats patented system remains the gold standard by which all others are judged.
In 2013, Tomcat won the Queens award for Innovation for the 30 plus innovations that Tomcat developed for the disabled community.