Winter is here! Get geared up for the cold weather and wintry conditions with our range of products designed for this time of year.
We have a wide range of winter products for wheelchair & mobility scooter users as well as baby strollers;
- All terrain wheelchairs
- All terrain mobility scooters
- Wheelchair power attachments for use in snow
- Mountain bike wheels, quick release pins and carry bag package
- Wheelblades skis for wheelchairs
- Wheelblades skis for Baby Strollers
- Rain canopy for mobility scooter
- Accessories such as wheelchair mac, fleeced leg cover and ponchos.
We have an extensive range of innovative products to get you through the winter weather no matter what!
- Wheelchair users understand their conventional everyday wheelchair is not always suitable in any terrain
- For children and babies with special needs their buggies and wheelchairs may limit what they can do and where they can go
We have a solution for all
You can call us and speak with our product specialists for more information or to arrange an assessment where suitable. Call 028 92 677 077 and our expert team will be delighted to help.
Mountain Trike All Terrain Manual Wheelchair
The Mountain Trike is an excellent manual wheelchair designed for use on all terrain use in snow, muddly trails and gravel etc.
It is equipped with three wheels, suspension and clever lever system making it perfect for wheelchair users to enjoy the great out doors no matter what the terrain as well as getting a good workout.
Zoom off-road wheelchair
Zoom reaches 12mph in just 2.2 seconds!!
The four wheel drive system and patented frame design means you always have four wheels on the ground, regardless of the surface.
What is the Zoom?
- Zoom is a light, small and electric all-terrain vehicle for recreational use. It has a permanent symmetrical 4-wheel drive designed for use in rough terrain.
- The patented frame design ensures that all four wheels stay in contact with the ground regardless of the type of surface.
- This provides continuous 4-wheel drive performance under all conditions.
- As the Zoom chair is only a 100kg you can roll it around by hand and two men can lift it into a vehicle but we recommend using the aluminum ramps we offer.
- Zoom has a maximum speed of 12.6 mph and is suitable for use off-road, where one generally can walk without climbing.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory for safe use. Driving in sand, snow, mud, uphill or up tougher inclines is a pure pleasure.
- You just need to keep clear from salt water.
- You drive a Zoom sitting down, using arms and hands only which makes it a safe, but extraordinary driving experience.
All terrain mobility scooters
Everyone likes to get out into the great outdoors and for those with restricted mobility this can pose a problem when it comes to using their everyday mobility product.
Standard Road going scooters and powerchairs cannot cope with rough terrain or conditions like heavy flooding or snow. For this reason we supply a range of mobility solutions, designed for offroad use.
Wheelchair power attachments
We supply manual and electric add-on devices used to convert your manual wheelchair into a trike style vehicle these include ‘Freewheel’ attachments.
These can be operated by a manual hand cycle, an electric assist hand cycle or indeed be fully motorised.
Triride wheelchair power attachments are fully motorised handbikes that attach to your manual wheelchair. You can choose from a wide range of models including light foldable attachments for active users on the go to the powerfull off-road models.
Power attachments from Rio Mobility include the Firefly electric handbike attachment, eDragonfly electric assist handcycle and the Dragonfly manual handcycle attachment.
Home demonstrations available throughout the UK & Ireland. Get in touch to arrange your test drive – call 028 92 677 077.
All weather wear
We supply all weather wear for wheelchairs and mobility mobility scooters helps keep you dry and protected all year round.
Freewheel Wheelchair Attachment
The patented FreeWheel is designed to fit securely on most manual, rigid frame wheelchair footrests, giving a secure fit and excellent handling in snow or over rough terrain.
The Freewheel is a rugged, lightweight (under 2.5kg) add on wheel which quickly clamps simply and securely to the one-piece footrest of your rigid-framed (non folding) wheelchair, allowing you to push over surfaces that would otherwise be difficult or impossible.
The large front wheel has less resistance than small castors and makes it easier to roll on any surface. A detent mechanism keeps the front wheel straight to improve stability and handling but, by applying slight pressure, it will release, allowing you to quickly and easily turn in any direction.
Rain Canopy for Mobility Scooter – Universal fit
The ScooterPac has been designed to be a universal mobility scooter canopy, and fits the vast majority of scooters with a box section accessory bracket on the rear of the seat. Scooterpac folds away in seconds giving you the best of both worlds!
The canopy is light and quick and easy to fit. It means you can finally just go out whenever you want and the canopy folds out and back in just a few minutes.
We now offer a Large version that fits all full size 8mph class 3 mobility scooters.
It is robust and safe and is impervious to the elements so will not rust over time.
This design is entirely unique and comprises of;
– Light yet strong aluminium frame
– Hardwearing waterproof canvas roof
– Clear polypropylene side windows
– Hard, clear perspex front window
Mountain Bike wheels, quick release axles and carry bag package
This is our package that includes Wheelchair Mountain Bike wheels manufactured by MBL, quick release axles and a double padded carry bag.
We offer options for both Quickie wheelchairs and Kuschall wheelchairs.
We have a range of quick release axles available so read the info below and choose your correct option.
Our team can help identify compatibility anytime on 028 92 67 70 77
This package includes;
– High quality 24″ Mountain Bike wheels manufactured by MBL
– Compatible quick release axles
– Double padded carry bag
Our expert team can help advise compatibility for suitable Quick Release Axle’s – just call us on 028 92 67 70 77.
The range of quick release axle’s include;
– 1/2″ 99mm
– 1/2″ 103mm
– 1/2″ 110mm
– 1/2″ 114.5mm
– 1/2″ 120mm
– 1/2″ 130mm
The first measurement (1/2″) is the diameter of the quick release axle. The second measurement is the length of the pins.
The length measurement is taken from the end of the nut at one end to the centre of the ball at the other end.
The double padded carry bag is useful for bringing your Mountain Bike wheels away with you or for leaving them in the boot of your car for easy access.
Wheelblades for wheelchairs in the snow
Wheelblades are miniature skis which attach to wheelchairs and strollers with one click, greatly improving the user’s mobility
The wide Wheelblade contact surface distributes the wheelchair driver’s pressure evenly onto the ground and prevents the small front wheels from sinking into the snow. The blades run over the ground with very little pressure and have no problem smoothing out rough spots.
Two tracking channels on the Wheelblade underside compress the snow, ensuring stability; this is to say that you move along as if on rails. In addition to this the Wheelblades are very handy due to their low weight: A few seconds are enough to attach them to all commonly used wheels.
The adjustable clamp lock covers all wheel widths from 1.8 to 6 cm.
All this amounts to the fact that Wheelblade transportation on snow matches moving along on tarmac – no more balancing out on large drive wheels required. This means that helpers have no problem pushing the wheelchair along when drivers feel exhausted.
In addition to this, objects may be carried on one’s lap and even minor snowy hills can be managed thanks to this practical form of support. Yet best of all is that new-found feeling of freedom – the knowledge that one’s physical disability is no longer amplified by structural obstacles: The feeling that you can enjoy the winter.
· Quick attachment requires little strength. Changing from blades to wheels can be done quickly and without problems.
· Due to their handy size and low weight you can take your Wheelblades wherever you go.
· High-end, robust materials make the skis shock- and fraction-proof.
· Thanks to the adjustable clamp lock, Wheelblades can be used anywhere.
· Wheelblades enable helpers for the first time to push wheelchair drivers in snow.
· The market’s least expensive and least complicated solution.
Wheelblades XL Ski’s for pushchairs
Wheelblades are miniature skis which attach to strollers with one click, greatly improving the user’s mobility in winter and during snowy and icy conditions.
Sold in pairs and suitable for wheels from 2 to 7 cm wide.
- Quick attachment requires little strength. Changing from blades to wheels can be done quickly and without problems.
- Due to their handy size and low weight you can take your Wheelblades wherever you go.
- High-end, robust materials make the skis shock- and fraction-proof.
- Thanks to the adjustable clamp lock, Wheelblades can be used anywhere.
- The market’s least expensive and least complicated solution.
B-Warm Heated Seat Cover
Keep warm and cosy while reducing your heating bills* with the B-Warm heated seat cover.
The award winning B-warm is a versatile, low energy heated seat cover designed to keep you warm and comfortable at home. Why heat the whole house or room when you can simply plug in the B-Warm heated-seat cover and instantly nestle into a snug and cosy armchair.
The amazing B-warms is:
- Therapeutic as it will warm and soothe aches and pains in your neck, back, legs and knees.
- Highly economical – costs less than ½ pence per hour to use
- Safe & easy to operate – with a one button control
- Produces low level controlled heat, with safety automatic switch-off feature
- Resistant to spillages and fully machine washable(@40C)
- Easy to fit and suitable for most styles of chair & some sofas
- Two year warranty
- Fully CE approved
Heated Massage Boot
The fleece-lined massage boot with heat features two powerful motors, separate heat control and two massage levels. The Massage Foot Warmer has a soft, removable fleece lining that is machine washable and is treated to prevent lingering foot odour. The exterior material is a soft-touch micro-suede and the boot will fit up to a man’s size 15 foot. The handheld controller adjusts both heat and massage; soothing cold, tired or aching feet.
· Treated, removable fleece lining
· Micro-suede exterior
· Suitable for men and women up to shoe size 15
· Handheld controller for heat and massage settings
· Soothes cold, tired feet and helps to stimulate circulation
· 12 V AC Adaptor Supplied
· Gross weight retail box (kg): 1.432
· Overall Dimensions (LxWxH) (mm): 230x300x290
· Retail box dimensions (HxWxD mm): 300x350x150
· Voltage (V): 12
· Weight (kg): 0.573
Special Needs Sledge
The Cerebra Sledge works brilliantly in the snow where children’s wheelchairs and buggies don’t. There is no need now for your child to be stuck inside this winter while all the other children are off playing in the snow. The Cerebra special needs sledge offers a fully supportive seat on a traditional style sledge. It features a low centre of gravity, a wide stance, and is be fitted with straps, armrests and a safety leash.
- Folds for comfort and easy storage
- Choice of 2 seat angles
- Folds flat for storage and transport
- Supportive Seat
- Low Centre of Gravity
- Straps and armrests for security
- Traditional style
- Seat width 361 mm
- Backrest height 591 mm
- Seat Depth 277 mm
- Overall length 1198 mm