We are hiring a Commercial Manager based at Loanhead, Edinburgh. This is a full time, permanent position with a successful and established SME.
SME trading in Scotland for over 40 years with an annual turnover of £3-4 million employing 15 staff and therefore requires a hands-on and flexible approach.
The company works very closely with the other part of our group a sister company of similar size.
The principle objective of the Commercial Manager is to maximise the profitability of the business through effective management of all operations areas to highest standards.
Along with the Managing Director secure future profitable sales for the business which will include government contract tendering.
• To proactively seek opportunities to develop the business
• To control costs via spend monitoring and income capture and to maximise profits on sales.
• To manage all sales, aftersales &, admin staff both field and office based
• To produce challenging but achievable sales forecasts and budgets for ALL sales staff.
• To manage & drive sales team to meet and surpass sales targets
• To manage relationships with key customer contacts and attend meetings as appropriate
• To lead tender and contract submissions ensuring a high standard of professional presentation is met and our offer ensures efficient, effective robust services which add value to the business.
• To manage tender and contract administration, reporting and performance to a high standard.
• To comply with all legal requirements related to the safe and efficient running of the business
• To ensure all engineering jobs are scheduled in a timely and cost-efficient manner
• To provide management information such as revenue and demographic analysis
• To deliver efficient, effective and robust systems, processes and management information
• Look after NHS & local authority customers-, sales, pricing, sourcing, daily stock availability, reporting requirements. etc • Management of stock line sales prices, input costs on SAGE 200 and associated price lists.
• Set up and oversee year end stock take.