Permanent Job –Marketing Assistant – E-Commerce
John Preston & Co ( Belfast) Ltd is currently seeking a:
Marketing Assistant (E-Commerce) to be based at our offices in Lisburn, Co. Antrim.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a company which has been in business for over 150 years, and who over the past 3 years has truly embraced e-commerce and digital marketing.
Our e-commerce marketing activity is via digital platforms to drive product and brand awareness and sales via new routes to market, better processes and more engagement with customers.
Approximately 70% of your time will focus on e-commerce marketing including ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities will include assisting the Marketing Manager in more traditional marketing activities including event planning and management, creation of marketing material and developing ongoing positive customer relationships.
This permanent marketing job will require someone with a strong grasp on all forms of Marketing, PR, Event Management and specifically E-Commerce to help continue the success of this company.
You will ensure an active calendar of activity throughout the year, targeting businesses and end users to support the sales team, increase online sales and maximise market share in NI, ROI and Scotland.
The principle job of the Marketing Assistant is to increase online sales and to support the Marketing Manager and existing sales team.
A major aspect of the role is the administration of orders through the e-commerce website, Amazon and eBay with a strong focus on customer service
It also includes creating targeted mailing campaigns and selected advertising, whilst working to a budget agreed with the Commercial Director.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Assisting the Marketing Manager in the management, development and ongoing maintenance of online activity including the two corporate WordPress sites, the e-commerce website, Amazon Market Place and eBay
- Increasing online sales through the use of Content Marketing, SEO, PPC, Social Media and other related tools.
- The use of online review tools such as Google Analytics, Bing Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Assisting the Marketing Manager in the development the marketing plan in accordance with business objectives.
- Maintaining a marketing schedule in line with marketing budgets both online and offline.
- Social Media Marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence though blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Social Advertising and other strategically relevant online tools.
- Use of traditional Media such as local Newspapers, Yellow Pages, Industry Magazines.
- Assisting the Marketing Manager in respect to all B2B and B2C exhibitions
- Supporting the existing sales team and Product Specialists when required in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Creation and production of promotional literature
- Curation of testimonials, case studies and reviews from various customer groups
- B2B and B2C email marketing and communications using Mail Chimp
- Developing and maintaining an accurate sales contact database
- Provide customer care to customers by phone, email and Live Chat online.
- Strong digital/online marketing experience gained in a commercial environment ideally with a focus on generating sales.
- Working experience in and strong knowledge of E-Commerce, particularly within a successful e-commerce marketing environment generating sales.
- A recognised 3rd level marketing qualification, and ideally a digital marketing qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Not afraid to take responsibility with a “can do”, problem solving attitude.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Proactive and independent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills with high level of competency in all Microsoft Office packages, especially outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work effectively within a small but successful team
- Proven experience of effectively managing a number of different new media platforms, Amazon, Ebay, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, MailChimp.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Bing Analytics, Webmaster Tools, SEO and PPC etc.
- Working knowledge of Magento shopping cart, WordPress and Ebay.
Ideally a driving license and access to own car to attend events as required.
Salary & Benefits
Contact us for details
Please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org