Jive Up Standing Electric wheelchair now available in Belfast and Northern Ireland
The Jive Up is a powerchair that effortlessly blends indoor agility with outdoor high performance.
With a simple touch of a button, be eye-to-eye with the world around you and enjoy all of the benefits of a standing wheelchair – combined with the freedom and independence that only the Jive Up can provide.
With an ultra-small turning circle, excellent indoor and outdoor handling and superb suspension through SpiderTrac®, the Jive Up provides superior ride comfort over any terrain, ideal for those who want a great all-round powerchair.
The Jive Up allows you to stand whenever you want and offers many benefits for your health and lifestyle.
• Improved pressure relief for those who may have limited ability to independently weight shift or have to sit for long periods.
• Enhanced function and ability to reach and access your environment.
• Improved range of motion and a reduction of the risk of contractures.
• Supporting vital organ capacity including pulmonary, bowel and bladder function and improves circulation.
• Promoting bone health and reducing the occurence of skeletal deformities by encoring standing.
• Reducing abnormal muscle tone and spasticity
Choose your seat position:
The Jive Up provides 5 memory positions that are easily accessible through the joystick or the 5 button switch box.
Also, these positions can be altered at the touch of a button so if anything changes you have the peace of mind that your Jive Up will change with you!
Possible seat positions:
– RELAX POSITION Using this function the seat moves into a recline, tilt and legs up position
– STAND-UP This Memory position brings the user into stand up. At a certain forward tilt angle the front castor arm locking mechanism moves in.
– SITTING This is the memory position in which the user is going to drive the chair. It is also the “standard” position all actuators drive into when the joystick is pulled backwards while in“seating/memory position” mode.
– LIE-DOWN This function brings the user into a horizontal lie down position
– TRANSFER POSITION // WITH JIVE, GET IT ALL UNDER CONTROL
You can further customise your Jive by expanding the control system with R-net. Personalise your chair by assigning commonly used commands and settings to a single button.
For conversations on the move, keep tweets and status updates flowing by using the Jive’s Bluetooth option to control your smartphone or tablet.
Or control your environment with Jive’s Omni controller.
Getting ready to watch a film?
Dim the lights, select play and turn up the volume – all without your hand leaving the joystick.
If a joystick’s not suitable you can even customise the way you control your Jive with a variety of speciality controls. If a user needs to be transferred into or out of the seat, this function provides a forward tilt angle for easy transfers.
Max. user weight: 120 kg
Battery size: 60Ah and 70Ah
Caster wheel options: 14” drive wheels; 6” castor
Max. dynamic stability: 10° (18%)
Seat width: 40 – 50 cm
Overall width: 63 cm
Seat depth: 40 – 52 cm
Turning radius: Max. 91 cm
Seat angle: 0° – 22°
Max. range (ISO 7176-4): 32 km (40 km with 70Ah battery)
Backrest angle: 90° – 175°
Max. kerb climbing: 10 cm
Seat memory functions: Sitting, Stand-up, Lie-down, Relax, Transfer Colour choices:
3 colours – red, blue & white
Max. speed: 6 kph (4 mph), 10 kph (6 mph), 13 kph (8 mph)
Transport (ISO 7176-19): 4 Point tie-down system
The Jive Up is transit tested in accordance with ISO 7176-19 and approved for transportation in a vehicle. The tests are conducted with a four-point tie-down system.
There are a number of optional extras available with the Jive Up – you can discuss these with our expert staff on 028 92 67 70 77 and we will be delighted to help.