We are an approved Motability supplier for Mobility Scooters and Powerchairs in Northern Ireland and convenient for Motability customers in Belfast, Lisburn, County Antrim and County Down.
The Motability scheme allows those with a disability to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new mobility scooter or electric wheelchair / powerchair.
We have dedicated Motability specialists who have been trained to the highest industry standards and can help advise what equipment is suitable for your unique needs.
We provide a large range of mobility scooters and powerchairs available through the Motability scheme in Northern Ireland, and we consider a number of things when advising you about what is best for your needs;
- Your height and weight
- How far you travel on your scooter or powered wheelchair
- If there are hills in your local area that you regularly travel up and down
- If you will use the product around your home
- If you are likely to carry much shopping on your scooter
- If you want to transport the product in a car
- How much space you have to store the product
To be eligible to join the Motability Scheme, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining. Please note that the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through the Scheme.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
As of 8 April 2015, this allowance is £57.45 per week.
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
As of 6 April 2015, this allowance is £57.45 per week.
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
As of 6 April 2015, this allowance is £64.15 per week.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
As of 8 April 2015, the mobility element of the allowance is £57.45 per week.
Supplying you with the right equipment is only the start – we will then be on hand to help and support you as needed throughout the duration of your agreement.
We enjoy in house engineering resources and operate a fleet of vans in addition to being conveniently located beside the Sprucefield / A1 / M1 junction.